Empathy Maps for Educators
Empathy maps are a valuable design thinking classroom tool. Empathy maps help us gather, organize and analyze information. Teachers who have a strong understanding of their students can connect with them more effectively and better meet their learning, social and emotional needs. Empathy maps are powerful learning tools to analyze information about fictional, historical or contemporary people. In this session, you’ll see how empathy maps can be used to support student growth and learning in your school or classroom.
What you are going to learn
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- Explore the purpose and key components of an empathy map
- Review an example of how to use an empathy map
- Learn about possible ways to use empathy maps to better understand a student
- Gain suggestions for using empathy maps for students’ critical thinking
- Get a free, downloadable empathy map to use.