What you are going to learn
A few more words about Foundation of Innovation
This course curriculum lays the groundwork for transformative innovation by introducing design thinking methods and mindsets through a series of hands-on design challenges organized around real-world problems. Students learn to frame their thinking around the mindsets of developing empathy, identifying a specific design need, encouraging ideation, and working in a culture of prototyping. A capacity for creative, innovative thinking will prepare them for the demands ahead in college, career, and life.
This curriculum includes:
- 10 weeks of lessons
- Unit Overviews
- An introductory unit to teach collaboration
- A Rapid Challenge to introduce the design process
- 3 Deep Dive Design Challenges to scaffold students as they progressively expand their knowledge of the design methods and mindsets
- Stop, Drop and Reflect Lessons to develop metacognitive awareness of content and learning.
- Show What You Know Days to develop presentation skills and provide a vehicle for assessing skills.
- Assessment rubrics, including how to co-create assessments with your students